Checklist: Getting Started with Teams for Education
For Organization Admins:
- Start by signing up for a Team for Education. Now you are an organization owner and can view all of the teams within your organization.
- To give your colleagues the ability to create new teams for their own classes, add them as Org Admins.
- TIP: Create a “home” team and invite all of the teachers who will be using Replit with you to join it. This can be their hub to collaborate on shared curriculum resources.
- Click on “Add Team” to begin creating your first team. Now you’re the team owner!
- Give your team a username. (Don’t worry, you can always update your team’s display name later!)
- Select the checkbox "Click here if any of your students are under thirteen years of age" if applicable. This will ensure that a private invitation link is used in the following Manage Team step, and is required for your team to be FERPA/COPPA compliant.
- Invite your students and TAs. Only the team owner can assign user roles.
- Now you can begin creating projects and assignments for your students to complete! You can build your own projects from scratch, import them from your colleagues or other teams, or import them from the Replit Curriculum Hub!