Inviting teachers and students
To invite people with their Replit username or email address, follow the steps during team creation.
Invite Org Owners and Admins (Teachers)
Org Owners can add and remove Org Admins, delete and rename an org, and create and access all teams as an admin.
Org Admins can create new teams within an organization.
To add a new Org Admin or Owner, find your Organization and click on the settings gear.
Click "Add Org Admin or Owner"
Invite an Org Admin or Owner using their username or email. They'll receive a notification to join your team with their new role!
Once they've accepted the invitation, you can go back to edit their role or remove them.
Invite Team Admins
Team Admins can view and edit Team Projects, Project Solutions, and student submissions.
- To add someone as a Team Admin, first add them to your team as you would a student.
- Once they've accepted the invite, go to the "Manage Team Members" modal and change their role to "Admin"
Invite Team Members (Students)
If you've already created a team, navigate to your team dashboard, click on your chosen team username, and then click "Manage team members".
You may add team members by:
- Entering the email or username of an existing user.
- Inviting via link (link does not expire).
- Uploading a CSV of emails or usernames.
Invite Students in Privacy Mode
Please note that your students must be added in Privacy Mode in order for your team to remain FERPA/COPPA compliant.
To protect the privacy of students and remain compliant with privacy regulations, you can anonymously invite your students to Replit and to your education team. This privacy invite method only works when signing up via a team invite link.
- Go to your team, click "Add more" and click "Generate a team invite link".
- Check the box next to "Do not collect names/emails".
You can share this link with your students. When signing up from this link, they will not be required to enter an email address. Once they have signed up, they will automatically be added to your team.