PostgreSQL on Replit
What is PostgreSQL?
PostgreSQL is a powerful, open-source object-relational database system widely used in web applications and other software development projects. We use PostgreSQL version 15 in our integration, allowing you to easily create a production-ready PostgreSQL database directly within Replit. You can run queries and connect to the database using our provided environment variables. For more information on PostgreSQL, visit the official documentation.
Why use PostgreSQL?
- Simplicity: With our integration, you can easily set up a PostgreSQL database without having to install any additional software or configure any settings. All you need to do is click a button to have a fully-functional database ready to go.
- Seamless integration: Our integration is designed to work seamlessly with Replit, so you can easily access your database and run queries within the Replit environment or within your code with minimal configuration.
- Production-ready: The database created with our integration is production-ready, so you can use it for real-world applications and projects.
- Convenience: With our provided environment variables, you can easily connect to the database from your code, without having to worry about setting up the connection manually. This saves you time and makes it easier to get your project up and running.
- Neon documentation: Provides guides on how to connect various frameworks, such as Django, to your PostgreSQL database in the neon documentation.
- Connection pooling: If you need to enable connection pooling for any reason, you can contact us, and we'll do it manually. More information on connection pooling can be found in the neon documentation.
- Compute lifecycle: The database will sleep after 5 minutes without queries, so you may experience disconnects. More information on the compute lifecycle can be found in the Neon documentation
- Open a new tab in Replit and type "PostgreSQL"
- In the "PostgreSQL" panel, click "Buy Cycles & create a DB" or "Use Cycles to create a DB"
- In the env section, you can view all of the relevant connection information about your database.
Note: At this time, we do not offer usage-based billing for PostgreSQL.
We provide a SQL explorer that you can use to create tables and manage your database. And if you have purchased Ghostwriter, you can use that within the SQL explorer to help you write queries.