Getting help or contacting Support
Where can I get code-level help?
The best place to get help with code or using Replit is on our community Ask Forum.
I am having trouble using Replit. How can I get help?
Sign in to Replit and use the Help button on the bottom left. Creating a support ticket, as well as links to other options, are be available there.
Where can I get help with billing?
Before reaching out to the Support Team, check to see if you can find a solution below under Account. If that does not help, please sign in and use the Help button on the bottom left.
I cannot access my Replit account – what should I do?
Please email email@example.com being sure to include details like your account name, signin ID, and any other helpful details.
When will I get a response from Replit?
Replit Support is generally available Monday through Friday from 9am to 8pm Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5).
How do I restore a deleted Repl?
Use the CLUI (command line user interface, blog) to access the trash:
- Go to https://replit.com/~/cli.
- Once you get to the terminal, type "Trash".
- Choose the "View" option to see your most recently deleted repls.
- Go back to "Trash" again and choose "Restore" this time, along with the title of the project you want to restore.
What happens to my Private Repls if I stop using Cycles or run out of Cycles?
Your Repls will remain private but you will not be able to edit the code unless you make the Repl public or subscribe to private Repls again with Cycles.
Why does my Always On Repl restart sometimes?
Always On Repls are hosted on shared infrastructure. We move Repls around to different servers to make sure that everyone has a good experience. This means that your Repl will restart every once in a while. If you need a dedicated server, you can look into our dedicated server options for deployments.
How do I restore a file in my Repl?
Check out our docs on the History tool to learn how you can restore a file.
Why is my Repl failing to load?
If your Repl is failing to load, try these debugging steps:
- Test your internet connection.
- Try a different browser.
- Use the command
kill 1in the shell—this will kill and restart the virtual Linux machine backing your Repl.
I'm having trouble logging in, what should I do?
- Make sure you are using the correct email and password.
- Navigate to the forgot password page to reset your password. Be sure to check your spam folder for the reset email.
- Try logging in through a different browser.
If all the steps you've tried don't succeed, feel free to Contact Support
How do I change my email if I signed up with Google/Github/Facebook?
We require a password to change your email on your account. If you signed up with third-party Authentication Provider such as Google or GitHub, you will first need to create a password.
For step-by-step instructions:
- Open the sidebar and log out.
- Go back to the login page, click forgot password, and enter your email address.
- You will receive an email with a link to create a new password. If you don't see the email, check your spam folder and allow up to thirty minutes for the email to be sent.
- After logging in, navigate to the account page to change your email address.
How do I change my username?
Replit users can change their username only once. Navigate to the CLUI and change your username. If the option is not available to you, this means you've already changed it.
What is explorer mode / how can I activate it?
Explorers are a segment of Replit Users who have opted into seeing and testing out new features that are still in development. To enable explorer mode, navigate to the Account Page and toggle the switch on.
If an early feature for explorers is not working properly, please Let us know. You can turn Explorer mode off at any time.