This page should answer some general queries you may have, but if you need more information or are still confused, please email [email protected]
What is Teams for Education?
It is the new product we have built out for teachers. We are transitioning from Classrooms to Teams for Education as it has a lot more features. Please check out our blog post here to learn more.
Read Teams for Education FAQs to learn more.
Why isn't my repl loading?
It could be due to a few issues:
- Make sure to disable any ad-block software.
If neither of these apply, you can report a bug by clicking "Get help" in your account sidebar (when you are logged in) and then click the red "Report a bug" button. Please provide information on the repl/s in question, browser information, and operating system.
Why is my 'always on' repl not working?
Have you tried:
- Proofing your code for any errors.
- Turning 'always on' off and then back on.
- Forking the repl.
- Running 'kill 1' in the shell.
- Checking for any memory leaks within your code.
- Installing all the necessary package managers via the packager tab.
Why is my repl having display issues?
At times, the display can be buggy. The code may not run or, if it does, you get weird colors instead of your expected output. If this is the case, please make sure your browser is up to date. Out of date browsers have been known to cause issues for some of our community members.
How do I recover a deleted repl?
Here are a few simple steps you can do to retrieve your repl/s:
- Go to https://replit.com/~/cli.
- Once you get to the terminal, click "Trash".
- Choose the "View" option to see your most recently deleted repls.
- Go to back to "Trash" again but choose "Restore" this time, along with the title of the project you want to restore.
How do I fork a private repl?
You could invite your friend temporarily, allow them to fork, and then remove them from the repl via the share menu.
You could download the repl as a .zip (this can be done by adding .zip to the end of your repl's URL), and send that copy of the code to your friend. They could then upload it to Replit as their own repl.
What if I have two repls in different folders and am unable to give them the same name?
Unforutnately, the folders in the My Repls portion are more so metaphors and don't do much else. When you click on any repl, it will always lead to https://replit.com/@username/repl_name which means all your repls need to have unique names.
How do I keep my repls to always stay on?
Always-on is controlled by a toggle inside your repl. To enable it:
- Navigate to your repl.
- Open the info panel by clicking on your repl's name.
- Enable Always-on by clicking on the toggle at the bottom.
Note that this function is currently only available on our Hacker plan.
How do I use the Replit Database?
You can learn more about the Replit Database here.
How do I create a custom domain?
You can link any repl you create to a domain that you own. (This includes HTTP Servers).
You can learn more about custom domains here.
I logged in with Gmail/Github etc., but want to change my email.
- Click on the top left where your username is (right next to the notifications icon).
- Click on "Account", then go to the "My Account" section.
- Click "Forgot password".
- You will receive an email with a link to create a new password.
- After you create one, go back to the "My Account" section and update your email address to a new one by inputting the new password you created.
Can accounts be merged?
Not specifically, but there are two ways to work around this:
Share every repl from your old account to your new one. Once you share all the repls, you would then fork each one on your new account.
Change the email address on the existing account, which means you would not need to create another account. This method will not be useful if you have already created another account with the new email.
I received a notification from one of the mods. What does this mean?
Learn more about our strike system here.